Data Dilemma: Shared AND Secure?
October 10th, 2017 - 5:00 pm
424 Santa Teresa Street
Digital data are a double-edged sword for civil society: a valuable source of insights and learning, and a potential liability for under-resourced organizations to manage and protect. How can the social sector navigate this data dilemma? Can data be shared and secured at the same time? Who owns donated data and who is responsible for protecting it? This conversation will highlight three efforts to make the most of shared digital data, to enhance the sector’s security practices, and to develop governance models purpose-built for the digital age.
Join the conversation with #datadilemma
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm - Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Program
- Asha Curran - Chief Innovation Officer and Director, Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact at 92nd Street Y; leader of Giving Tuesday
- Josh Levy - Founder and Director, Digital Security Exchange
- Sean McDonald - Principal, Digital Public
- Lucy Bernholz - Moderator, Director, Digital Civil Society Lab at Stanford PACS