Book Launch: Social Startup Success
January 17th, 2018 - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Bechtel Conference Center – Encina Hall
616 Serra Street
Stanford, CA 94305
Over the past five years, Kathleen Kelly Janus has traveled the country visiting the founders, leadership teams, and funders of dozens of social entrepreneurs, both newcomers and veterans in the field, including the leaders of Teach for America, City Year, DonorsChoose and charity:water.
Her new book, Social Startup Success: How the Best Nonprofits Launch, Scale Up and Make a Difference, features her findings from that study, detailing best practices for testing ideas, measuring impact, funding experimentation, leading collectively and storytelling with purpose.
Come learn from her in conversation with social entrepreneurs Natalie Bridgeman Fields of Accountability Counsel, Vineet Singal of CareMessage, and Kiah Williams of SIRUM, about how nonprofits tackle the path to scale.
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm - Reception and book release; hors d’oeuvres and light refreshments
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Program; panel discussion
- 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Book Signing with Kathleen Kelly Janus
- Kathleen Kelly Janus - Author, Social Startup Success, Lecturer, Stanford Program on Social Entrepreneurship
- Natalie Bridgeman Fields - Founder and Executive Director of Accountability Counsel
- Vineet Singal - CEO and Cofounder of CareMessage
- Kiah Williams - Cofounder of SIRUM
This event is cohosted by Stanford University’s Program on Social Entrepreneurship, a joint initiative of the Center on Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law together with the Haas Center for Public Service.